Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fall wedding?





Just to update all my friends and family on what I am thinking and hopefully visualize it a bit. I want to get married in Portland this fall sometime because of all the fall colors and beautiful leaves. It is probably the prettiest season I have seen here... probably the prettiest I have ever seen!
I want to have it at this rhododendron garden I found a couple of months after I
moved up to Portland. This garden has been a kind of sanctuary for me. When I found it, I felt like God showed it to me so I would have a quite place of solitude (since I was going to be living in community with tons of poeple) and also to seek and find rest in Him. I often go there when I need him the most and always walk out feeling peaceful and more rejuvenated. Any way here are some pictures of it in the fall.


I am starting to wedding dress "look around". The one time that I went was exhausting too! I am looking on ebay and what not. I am pretty sure I am just going to get a vintage dress from a thrift store and alter it. Nothing is set in stone yet but at least I am starting to think about it... right?




And if I end up having a winter snow flake wedding!

4 comments:

a.b. said...

Faith! I think you look good in strapless.

Anonymous said...

you will be a beautiful bride. im glad you are having a wedding. I regret not being able to do the whole wedding thing (the white dress and fun reception).

im so excited, as soon as you have a date (the better mind you= cheaper) let us know, we really want to try to get up there for it.

Sarah Kathleen said...

heyyyy. i totally tried on that second one down with the lace. gorgeous. i love the top one. you're so beautiful. thats so exciting. joe can't see those pictures can he? because that would be a bummer if he saw... unless you're into that kinda thing - then i suppose its totally fine.

sooooo... have you found a wedding photographer yet? because i'm kinda starting off my photography business right now... doing a few weddings this fall and stuff. juuuust thought i'd ask. :)

Jackie said...

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh my gosh! you are so beautiful..i wish i could've been there!


i love yoou beezy