Friday, September 12, 2008

Done with 40 days of not buying

First I have to say I did buy my wedding dress before I finished. It was on sale for $24 on a clearance rack, so If I would have waited it would have been gone.

One of the themes in the simplicity book was being freed from buying things. I definatly feel that. I do feel more eager to give too. Not just money either. I want to be free from any attachment to material things. If someone has a need and I can provide them with it I want to. I keep praying that God will make me more generous, that I would really know what that means. I have been thinking a lot about the verse where Jesus talks about loving those who hate you because what benefit is it to love those who love you. I not only want to give to those I love and love me back but even to those I do not know or like.
I havn't finished the book yet but I am going to keep reading it. I hate writting, I say all this and more if I was actually tlaking to someone. So if you want to know more about it just call me... Haha.

No comments: